Dedicated to the science of positive-reinforcement conditioning, our trainers are skilled, passionate, and committed to helping you achieve your training goals. Our programs are designed to:
- Help you understand your dog’s cognitive processes and capabilities.
- Guide you in teaching new behaviors and modifying existing ones.
- Build a common language between you and your dog.
- Strengthen the ever-important human-animal bond.
- Boost your dog’s overall confidence.
We offer information-rich group courses for dogs of all ages, private lessons focused on your dog’ specific needs, and play & train options that combine the joy of daycare and the importance of learning. If you aren’t sure which class is best for you and your pup, our trainers would be happy to help you find the best course of action to meet your training goals. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram for program dates and announcements.
- Puppy Social Hour
- Easily our cutest class. A once-monthly social hour full of guided puppy play, and fun lessons from trainers on appropriate puppy play and puppy-related topics. 4mo & under, $10/session
- Puppy Manners
- Give your pup the best start with this course, which covers the foundations of creating a great canine companion. Learn calming behaviors like sit and down, loose-leash walking, mat work, & more. Focuses on socialization with other puppies and new stimuli to create confident, happy pups! 6mo & under, 4 sessions once/week, $120
- Star Puppy
- Learn advanced puppy skills, such as precise sitting, down, loose-leash walking, and mat work, plus more challenging skills like come, leave it, stay, wait, and drop. Opportunity to take the A.K.C S.T.A.R. Puppy test and earn a certificate, medal, and your pup’s name in the AKC Star Puppy records. Pups under 6 months must have completed Puppy Manners. 6-12mo, 6 sessions once/week plus online content, $150
- Foundation Behaviors
- An exceptional course that sets adult dogs up for success! Lessons include eye contact, name & recall, leash walking, cues such as sit/stay/down, touch- & hand-targeting, mat work, and much more! Prepares dogs for the Canine Good Citizen Course. Adult-age dogs, or puppies who’ve completed Puppy Manners, 6 sessions once/week, $150
- Canine Good Citizen Prep Course
- For dogs who’ve completed Foundation Behaviors (or similar class) and are fluent in basic cues, this course challenges with more advanced cues and concepts, such as appropriate dog-to-dog greetings, meeting strangers, walking, reliable re-call, and more. Prepares dogs for the CGC Certification test and includes 1 test attempt. 6 sessions once/week, $150
*If you would like to take the CGC evaluation without the class, please call Uptown Pup to schedule. It is $35 per attempt, pass or fail. Special Discounts are available for working or service dogs. Contact email@example.com with questions or for more information*
- Sports, tricks, and fun!
- Thought about enrolling your dog in competitive sports and games? Or want to teach your genius pup how to perform fancy tricks? This is the course or you. Programs are 4 weeks or less and cover tricks, agility for fun, flyball, introduction to canine sports, nosework, search & rescue, and much more! Email us with questions or suggestion for future classes at
Play & Train
Whether you want to modify existing behavior issues, or teach basic cues such as sit, down, or stay, Play & Train combines the importance of learning with the joy of daycare. Dogs must pass our daycare evaluation and show an ability to learn in a social environment.
Half – A 30-minute private training session on basic obedience cues and behaviors. $25 plus cost of daycare.
Full – 60 combined minutes of training, plus coaching in the daycare environment. $40 plus cost of daycare.
- If needed, initial consultations are free and help you and your trainer outline needs and goals.
- Based on the initial consult, you and your trainer agree on a course of action and number of sessions that work for you. Sessions are hour-long at $100/hour.
- The focused sessions are designed to teach you skills that help you and your pup achieve your behavioral goals.
- Trainers provide helpful homework for between sessions, as repetition and consistency are critical to your dog’s success.
- Training clients must adhere to our Cancellation Policy.
- Dogs in Group Courses must be current on their rabies, distemper/parvo combo, canine influenza, and bordetella vaccines. Puppies must have at least their second round of booster shots.
- Fees for private lessons and group classes are transferable but nonrefundable.
Meet Our Trainers
Jimmy has loved dogs his entire life and began formally training dogs in 2010, when he and his chocolate lab Lambeau became a search-and-rescue team. He quickly learned the power of positive dog training, and has used those skills in search and rescue, as well as training service dogs for people throughout the country. With 9 years experience in youth ministry, Jimmy has a heart for people as well as dogs, and through his training philosophies and practices, he aims to unite those passions by helping humans and dogs communicate and learn from each other. Jimmy lives in Speedway Indiana with his wife of 12 years, Kelli, and their 2 labs, Lambeau and Copper.
Katie is a graduate of the Karen Pryor Academy for Animal Training and Behavior, where she earned her CTP designation from the Certification Council For Professional Dog Trainers. Growing up on a farm, volunteering at animal shelters, and working with rescue animals was just the beginning of Katie’s story. She has a gift for truly understanding a dog’s learning processes, and using her gift to teach, train, and improve the quality of life of every dog she meets. Her knack for positive-reinforcement extends to humans as well — our staff knows her as the most positive ray of sunshine you’ll ever meet. She’s the proud owner of Havoc the Aussie and Gypsy the Husky, who are even more adorable than their picture. Her goal is to change the world with positive reinforcement and empty animal shelters everywhere, and she loves dog butts more than anything in the world and will talk about them at great length.
Sam has loved animals of all kinds for as long as she can remember. She’s the proud owner of a German Shepherd (Bellatrix), a Border Collie (Gambit), a Siberian Husky (Korra), two mutts (Luna and Drew), and a clicker-trained rescue rabbit (Harley Quinn). Sam began training when she got her oldest dog, Drew, who was a bit of a challenge. She began reading as much as she could and listening to as many lectures as possible, and dog training quickly became her passion. Once Gambit entered Sam’s life, she discovered the amazing world of Dog Sports. They currently compete in Barn Hunt and Disc, and are actively training in Agility, IPO, Flyball, and Obedience. For Sam, the best part of training dogs is watching owners learn to effectively communicate with their dogs, and seeing the happiness they both bring to each others’ lives.