Dedicated to the science of positive-reinforcement conditioning, our dog trainers are skilled, passionate, and committed to helping you achieve your training goals. Our programs are designed to:
- Help you understand your dog’s cognitive processes and capabilities.
- Guide you in teaching new behaviors and modifying existing ones.
- Build a common language between you and your dog.
- Strengthen the ever-important human-animal bond.
- Boost your dog’s overall confidence.
We offer information-rich group courses for dogs of all ages, private lessons focused on your dog’s specific needs, and day school and board & train options that promote enhanced learning and speedy results. If you aren’t sure which option is best for you and your pup, our trainers would be happy to help you find the best course of action to meet your training goals. Email email@example.com for more details, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram for program dates and announcements.
- Puppy Start Right
- Give your pup the best start with this course, which covers the foundations of creating a great canine companion. Learn how to communicate with your pup, establish a learning environment, and how to start teaching your pup how to be confident, attentive, using the basics of teaching new behaviors. Focuses on socialization with other puppies and new stimuli to create confident, happy pups! Ages 6mo & under.
- Puppy Foundations
- Learn advanced puppy skills, such as precise sitting, down, loose-leash walking, targeting, the basics of mat work, and focus. Ages 6-12mo. Pups under 6 months must have completed Puppy Start Right.
- Foundation Behaviors
- An exceptional course that sets adult dogs up for success! Ideal for newly adopted dogs or those who are new to training. Lessons include eye contact, name & recall, leash walking, cues such as sit/stay/down, touch- & hand-targeting, mat work, and much more! Adult-age dogs, or puppies who’ve completed Puppy Start Right.
- Intermediate Behaviors
- For dogs who’ve completed Foundation Behaviors (or similar class) and are fluent in basic cues, this course challenges with the three D’s (distance, duration, and distraction), and strengthens skills such as loose leash walking, reliable re-call, mat relaxation, focus, and more. If you have the basics but want to learn how to do them anywhere, this is your class.
- Advanced Behaviors
- For dogs who’ve completed Intermediate Behaviors and want to take their training to a new level. This course teaches the skills needed for behavior chains, a proper heal, emergency stops, and basic cues with high levels of distraction.
- Canine Good Citizen Testing
- There are many benefits to earning the AKC’s Canine Good Citizen title. $35 per attempt, pass or fail. Special Discounts are available for working or service dogs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.
- Special Topics
- A rotating schedule of special interest classes. Programs are 4 weeks or less and cover topics such as trick training, recall, introduction to canine sports, nosework, fitness, search & rescue, and much more! Email us with questions or suggestions for future classes at
All group classes have limited enrollment and a teacher-student ratio of 1:3 or better. Classes are 4 weeks for $150 unless otherwise noted.
The Uptown Pup Day School is a Monday through Friday program heavily focused on helping your dog gain basic skills and manners or modify undesirable behaviors to help them be your ideal best friend! Each student receives 2 30-minute training sessions, one 15-minute loose leash walking lesson, in-suite enrichment activities during down time, and 1 hour of training group play OR 30 minutes of private play time. Each week you will schedule 2 parent-teacher conferences and receive homework to help you keep up with what your pup is learning in school!
- Basic Level: Covers basic obedience skills such as sit, down, come, and mat work, ideal for dogs of all ages. $300/wk or 4 consecutive weeks for $1000.
- Elite Level: For advanced skills or behavior modification (dog reactivity, fear of strangers, etc). Consultation required. $400/wk or 4 consecutive weeks for $1400.
- Canine SuperStar: Add four 30-minute fitness training sessions (Wednesday is rest day) and receive a home program designed by our Certified Canine Fitness Trainer to maintain your dog’s fitness. +$100/wk.
The Uptown Pup Boarding School is unique to Indianapolis! Fully based on positive reinforcement training techniques, your pup will love their learning experiences during their resort stay with us. No harsh punishments here! Students receive 1 hour of dedicated training time each day, with report cards sent to you at a frequency of your choosing (daily, every other day, weekly, etc). After you pick up, your pup’s trainer will provide a one-hour private session in your home to ensure carryover from school.
- Loft boarding: $600/wk (6 nights, 7 days)
- Penthouse boarding: $675/wk (6 nights, 7 days)
- BOOT CAMP: Add five 30-minute fitness training sessions per week and receive a home program designed by our Certified Canine Fitness Trainer. +$120/wk
- If needed, initial consultations are free and help you and your trainer outline needs and goals.
- Based on the initial consult, you and your trainer agree on a course of action and number of sessions that work for you. Sessions are hour-long at $100/hour.
- The focused sessions are designed to teach you skills that help you and your pup achieve your behavioral goals.
- Trainers provide helpful homework for between sessions, as repetition and consistency are critical to your dog’s success.
- Training clients must adhere to our Cancellation Policy.
- Dogs in Group Courses must be current on their rabies, distemper/parvo combo, canine influenza, and bordetella vaccines. Puppies must have at least their second round of booster shots.
- Fees for private lessons and group classes are transferable but nonrefundable.
Meet Our Trainers
Jimmy has loved dogs his entire life and began formally training dogs in 2010, when he and his chocolate lab Lambeau became a search-and-rescue team. He quickly learned the power of positive dog training, and has used those skills in search and rescue, as well as training service dogs for people throughout the country. With 9 years experience in youth ministry, Jimmy has a heart for people as well as dogs, and through his training philosophies and practices, he aims to unite those passions by helping humans and dogs communicate and learn from each other. Jimmy lives in Speedway Indiana with his wife of 12 years, Kelli, and their 2 labs, Lambeau and Copper.
Katie is a graduate of the Karen Pryor Academy for Animal Training and Behavior, where she earned her CTP designation from the Certification Council For Professional Dog Trainers. Growing up on a farm, volunteering at animal shelters, and working with rescue animals was just the beginning of Katie’s story. She has a gift for truly understanding a dog’s learning processes, and using her gift to teach, train, and improve the quality of life of every dog she meets. Her knack for positive-reinforcement extends to humans as well — our staff knows her as the most positive ray of sunshine you’ll ever meet. She’s the proud owner of Havoc the Aussie and Gypsy the Husky, who are even more adorable than their picture. Her goal is to change the world with positive reinforcement and empty animal shelters everywhere, and she loves dog butts more than anything in the world and will talk about them at great length.